Irving Specialists, Leader in Cold Laser Therapy in Greater Dallas-Fort Worth for Chronic Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, and Shoulder Pain.
Cold Laser Therapy in Dallas: The Proven Alternative to Drugs and Surgery
If you suffer from debilitating pain, consider seeking help from Dr. Robert Hanson, DC who specializes in Cold Laser Therapy. Dr. Robert Hanson, DC has developed treatment protocols that utilize the healing effects of lasers in combination with physiotherapy to help alleviate pain caused by issues that traditionally could only be treated with injections, drugs, or surgeries. His practice in Dallas – Fort Worth has made a life-changing difference for many patients.
Today's technological advances in laser therapy mean that yesterday's expensive operations, hospital stays, and heavy drugs are not the only options to fixing the pain you live with. Dr. Hanson's Cold Laser Therapy Programs™ have helped hundreds of Dallas- Fort Worth pain sufferers who faced the unpleasant prospect of the scalpel and weeks of down time recover effectively and naturally without interrupting their current routine.
Enjoy Life Again
Consider the example of Linda, a sufferer of chronic joint pain so acute that her mobility was drastically hindered. She states, "Before Laser Therapy, it was very difficult for me to get up from a seated position and even more difficult for me to walk. …. I thought the laser would be painful. Just the opposite. It is painless … [Now] I am able to move about with much more ease than I had been able to in the last 18 months. The therapy is very beneficial. It has given me back my mobility. A quality of life that I thought was gone forever… "
From patient's suffering with severe degenerative arthritis in their spine to plantar fasciitis Dr. Hanson's Cold Laser Program™ continues to exceed expectations.
Read more testimonials from our patients here.
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Shoulder Pain, Knee Pain, Foot Pain, Herniated and Degenerated Discs ……
In fact, since 2003, Dr. Robert Hanson, DC has committed most of his time to providing the highest quality of care using advanced Cold Laser Therapy and combining it with other therapies, to help heal, and strengthen painful joints. He has a successful history of reducing pain, inflammation, and improving overall function as quickly as possible so you can get back to enjoying life again. Dr. Hanson's DC has developed a non-invasive, conservative approach to treating conditions such as:
Back Pain Due to:
- Pinched Nerves: Numbness, tingling, burning, weakness, and pain can all be symptoms of a pinched nerve
- Sciatica: Pain that radiates down the back of the entire leg or parts of the leg. The pain usually starts in the low back or buttock
- Degenerated Discs or Arthritis: These are discs that are worn down and arthritic. Sometimes this can cause a secondary issue such as a pinched nerve.
- Bulging, Herniated, Protruding Discs: These are all conditions that affect the discs in the spine.
- Stenosis: (AKA Narrowing of the spine). This condition causes pinched nerves in the lumbar spine, and possible spinal canal narrowing.
- Muscular Issues: Psoas, Quadratus Lumborum, Iliacus, Piriformis: All of these muscles can contribute to back pain if they are tight and/or over compensating.
- Failed Back Surgery: Back pain six months after low back surgery with or without screws, rods, a cage, or stimulator in their spine.
Neck Pain Due to:
- Pinched Nerves: Numbness, tingling, burning, weakness and pain are all symptoms of a pinched nerve
- Degenerated Discs or Arthritis: Arthritis can affect the bones and the discs in the neck (aka the cervical spine). When the discs are arthritic that means that they are worn down and flattened. They are not as hydrated as they once were. As a result this can also cause pinched nerves in the neck.
- Bulging, Herniated, Protruding Discs: These are conditions that affect the discs in the neck.
- Stenosis: This condition causes pinched nerves in the cervical spine. There is also a likelihood of the spinal canal narrowing.
- Muscular Issues: Levator Scapulae, Traps, Scalenes, SCM's…all of these muscles can also contribute to neck pain.
- Failed Neck Surgery: Pain in the neck six months after having had neck surgery.
- Arthritis Knee Pain
- Bone on Bone Knee Pain
- Meniscus Tear Pain
- Tendonitis Knee Pain
- Bursitis Knee Pain
- Baker's Cyst/Popliteal Cysts
- Post-Surgical Knee Pain: Pain after having arthroscopic knee surgery for a meniscus tear. Pain after a Total Knee Replacement due to scar tissue, inflammation of the synovium
Please Note: Dr. Hanson, DC exclusively uses Dr. Schnee's Cold Laser Knee Program™ for patients with knee pain. Dr. Alexandra Schnee, DC is one of the leading doctors in the United States in field of cold laser therapy for the treatment of knee pain. Dr. Robert Hanson, DC co-authored a study with Dr. Schnee, DC in 2010, and again in 2014. They are the only doctors in the DFW Metroplex that have conducted two studies regarding cold laser therapy and its effects on moderate to severe osteoarthritis knee pain. The study's respectively concluded that 78.9% and 82.4% diagnosed with moderate to severe osteoarthritis in the knee noticed that their knee felt moderately to a great deal better after completing Dr. Schnee's Cold Laser Knee Program™.
- Rotator Cuff
- Tendonitis Shoulder Pain
- Bursitis Shoulder Pain
- Muscular Issues: Supraspinatus, Infraspinatus, Teres Minor, Biceps, Subscapularis: all of these muscles can cause pain in the shoulder
- Failed Shoulder Surgery: Pain in the shoulder after completing shoulder arthroscopic surgery or shoulder replacement surgery.
Foot and Heel Pain:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel Spur Pain
- Failed Foot Surgery
We also treat pain in the hips, ankles, wrists and elbows. Please call us at 214-277-8110 if you have any questions.
What's Involved in a Treatment?
Hand held lasers are applied to problem areas sending laser light that penetrates through tissue and bombards cells with beneficial photons. The photons interact with cells in such a way as to energize them and trigger a response that allows the tissue to heal faster; this also allows pain and inflammation to be relieved and/or eliminated. Most patients look forward to a treatment because it is painless and relaxing.
For patients with pinched nerves in the low back or neck, sciatica, bulging, herniated, degenerated, or protruding discs, or stenosis; Dr. Hanson, DC also combines laser therapy along with Spinal Decompression Therapy. In addition, physiotherapy may also be performed to strengthen the area.
Visit this page for more details on how lasers treat cells to help heal painful issues.
Effectiveness of Cold Laser Therapy
Cold laser therapy has been proven to treat a wide range of conditions for over 35 years. There are more than 2,500 published studies documenting the efficacy of this treatment in addition to at least 120 randomized controlled studies. Many hospitals, rehab centers, clinics and individual therapists use cold laser treatments in various ways. Sports therapists in the NHL, NBA, PGA, NBL, and U.S. Olympic Teams use cold laser treatments to address athlete injuries.
Paul Sibert, M.D., Chief of Neurology at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, attests that laser treatments speed up cell repair and stimulate the immune, lymphatic and vascular systems. Further, the National Center for Biotechnology Information, a branch of the U.S. National Institutes of Health has made numerous papers available on the role and efficacy of laser therapy in dozens of chronic conditions.
In short, cold laser therapy has proven itself over and over to effectively treat numerous conditions. It has been shown to eliminate pain, repair nerve damage, treat muscle and joint mobility restriction, reduce inflammation, speed recovery and healing, assist cellular regeneration, reduce scar tissue, enhance lymphatic drainage, improve circulation, and increase endorphins.
An Affordable Non-Invasive Alternative to Surgery
Traditional surgery and pharmacy costs have become impossibly expensive for most Americans. A surgery to address a bulging disc condition can cost over $50,000, and most of the time back surgery's fail.
By contrast, a complete, multi-visit schedule of treatments to address even chronic and debilitating health issues using Dr. Hanson's Cold Laser Programs™ are just a fraction of the cost of surgery and parts of it are often reimbursed to patient's by medical insurance.
The advantages both in terms of cost and effectiveness of cold laser treatments are indisputable. Additionally, unlike surgery and drugs, cold laser therapy has no adverse side effects.
If you suffer from pain or lack of mobility, call 214-277-8110 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Robert Hanson, DC and start your recovery today.